Looks like 9 (okay not really!), feels like 90.. what am I??
A rather random start to a
day post isn’t it? Befitting - given the theme to Thinking Out Loud, thanks to our brain-saver/hostess Amanda. Of course I am all sorts of giddy that today is a “double-whammy” celebration :D .
1. Every food that passes my lips turns to gold. I wish I was kidding. That’s the way it seems though, because how else would I have an unspoken reputation of “she who only eats healthy food”? The cookie I ate probably had beans in, the bag of chips was high in magnesium, the chocolate has antioxidants, the cupcakes‘ protein wipes out the effect of its colorants, the spinach… ulp, well. Listen up people! Can I just eat the damn food because I want it!?! Not because it does 5.5 bajillion things to my scalp and toenails, darn it. It’s like, by succeeding in diminishing myself to a dissolving bag of bones, automatically means I harness the secret to the inner workings of everyone’s body. Yech.
2. Oh on the topic of cupcakes! No doubt the family will be revealing some baked creation later today, but I decided it a good idea to warm up with something of my own yesterday. Alright I was inpatient. I wanted a baked goodie.
This recipe caught my eye a long while back, and a recurring vision had me back-tracking to it. I’m growing wise people – I know better than to be without chocolate, so while chocolate chips weren’t available.. I got to work at shattering a bar of 70% . Mmmhm.. guess what I had for lunch? Hint: it was freshly baked, fluffy and oatmealy, and filled with melty chocolate chunks.
3. I recall learning a life lesson in the mystery of needing to pee upon entering the office. Picture this: entering a fitting room with an armful of dresses, then having to abandon everything in the search of a loo. Needless to say, I was not going to even bother with deriving some message out of that. I was bloomin’ annoyed. And diseased.
4. Proof of an excellent recipe is in it’s flexibility. As – I have discovered - is the case with this fool-proof formula for cake batter oatmeal pudding. It was one of those recipes instantly filed in my brain for a
rainy busy, bumper-to-bumper day. Tuesday with its string of appointments called for a first meal that delivers. I got more than I bargained for; in both taste and satiety. I was slightly apprehensive at first, given that I was transgressing from the original guidelines: using 1 cup of coconut milk, excluding the coconut flour, and the coconut. My sweetener of choice was about a tablespoon of honey stirred through immediately after mixing the egg in.
Topped with smooth peanut butter - I am totally envying the big man with his CRUNCHY form. Oh.my.goose. This was incredible. The texture had me swooning! I usually never experience a strong sense of fullness while consuming breakfast, but seriously – I was stuffed toward the end and fridged the rest for a snack later in the day. It served as a good token of trust; my body is more than capable of telling me when it’s had enough. That said, this is now on my regular rotated breakfast list.
5. I underestimated my level of love, and ultimately the time-span of polishing off my first box of oatbran. After a short period without, I am happily reunited. Allow me to throw a photo of yesterday’s breakfast at you..
6. I woke up to the most gorgeous email I could ask for! The lady herself may be residing across the wide, blue ocean – but she makes a pretty great impact in bringing a smile to my face [if it's in hiding] or enabling my existing one to grow :) .
7. As off this weekend begins the most marvellously important -busy- month of the year for me. I want to be “there” every single second.. experiencing with all my senses. I’ve spent some time reflecting on things; thus concludes my decision to step away from the magnetic pull of technology, the blog world as well. 32 days maximum. Not having any blogging schedule, I’d like to take this opportunity to let you lovely humans know I will miss you something crazy… aaaand I hope I will be missed too ;) .
Until then. Happy days!
Back to the riddle I started off with: what am I?
Don’t forget to miss me!!