I really wanted to get my recovery concerns out there, without missing out on the awesome party thrown by Amanda. What to do? I decided on doing a whole mish-mash post of sorts. Fingers crossed this kind of thing is legal 😉
1. Things are taking a stressful turn as off a few days ago. But that’s life. And while it has helped to remove the stress from my life recently, it’s time I learned to manage this monster called stress. Without resorting to any unhealthy tactics of course. It doesn’t help that I stress over every.little.thing. I have been eating fairly intuitively for maybe -2 months now (I’m terrible with keeping track of time), been in active recovery i.e eating alot, for much longer and I had always thought of myself as a stress eater. If the last few days are anything to go by, that clearly isn’t the case. I have felt less of a desire to eat than usual. I am eating yes – because I am getting hungry – but the appetite is not as ferocious as I have become accustomed to in the past months. I am not counting calories or following a meal plan, but by following my hunger cues I know that I have been eating close to the recovery amount if not more..until now that is. And I’m not going to lie to myself; I am indeed slightly relieved that I’m not so hungry but at the same time I’m not tempted to ‘restrict’ like in my darker days. I know full well that I haven’t reached my healthy weight yet – if clothing size is good way to go by? – so would eating less than an optimal amount be detrimental to me?
I remember a few weeks into recovery I was hit with a stomach bug, where immediately after eating I’d be hit with the most ridiculous tummy cramps. The answer was simple and something I could easily do (back then). Restrict. It was just three snacks that I cut out but after 2-3 days I was a back where I started.
Right now I feel too far in to fall into bad habits..restricting seems impossible from where I’m at. I’m not exerting myself through strenuous exercise either so I’m thinking I should just go with the flow and see where that takes me?
Thoughts? Similar situations?
3. Sadly we’re only going to be staying for about 3 days tops. Booo!
4. I’m a good traveller..airplane, car..I enjoy the journey. As long as I’m well fed 😉
5. You know when the most simple of meals you’ve eaten countless of times before tastes extra special due to some unknown reason? I love that! Like this yogurt bowl….
6. I for one always bought into the old wives tale that men hated clothes shopping. Lies I tell you. I have a sibling who loves it more than I do, and I only happened to discover that today *shock*!
Alright I’m done. I’m sorry for chatting your ears off, I just had to get everything off my brain. That’s what Thinking Out Loud is all about right? Right.
Would love to hear your thoughts!