Friday’s are extra busy for me. Enjoyably so, but in way where if I don’t have a post planned out..it’s not happening. Which is downright sad because I love linking up with the inspiring Clare at http://fitting-it-all-in.com
5 THINGS I’VE BEEN EATING THIS WEEK
1. CHOCOLATE EGGY OATS
The first time I tried eggy oats I wasn’t a big fan. But in my heart of hearts I knew I needed to give it another chance. Turns out I love the stuff to the point of borderline obsession…on condition that I allow it to cool completely before eating. Me and hot eggy oats don’t get along.
Between working my way through two of my 1.5 billion favorites, I’d say chocolate was its own food group.
3. COLD MIDDAY MEALS
When the heat is at its peak, cold lunches have been going down really well. A recycled pic over here but this is what it looks like..just doing my part in being green 😉
A bad photo of a really good dessert! Mum has been whipping up these beauties quite regularly these days…In the past -8 days I’ve had it 3 times already 🙂
5. PANCAKES MASQUERADING AS…SOMETHING ELSE
Alright so I only made this yesterday. But it was so good I just know that I’ll be having it
every day often. I’ve seen pancake batter getting baked up by Robyn and Miss Polkadot and I’ve been dyyying to try it. Except I had no idea how to go about..I could blow up the oven, if not the entire kitchen! Turns out I’m quite the culinary master, and after forgetting about it for a good 30 min. I ran screaming to the oven certain it was burnt to a crisp…but lo and behold, it was perfect. I love the dense, fudgy texture!
5 HUGE LIFE LESSONS LEARNT THIS WEEK
1. It’s much easier to do what’s ‘right’ and follow my brain, than trying to figure out the direction my heart would like to take.
2. People come, people go..life carries on.
3. I’m a creature of contradiction..but it is totally a genuine thing as it is only because I fail to ‘understand’ myself.
4. The moment you make a mental note that you won’t eat dessert because you’re full and you’ve eaten enough sweets for the day; you suddenly start craving it like crazy.
5. The age-old saying “You have to be cruel to be kind” is true..well to an extent.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD
1. An incredible gift from someone near and dear ❤
2. All the cocoa in my system 😉
3. Watching a soft sunset while hanging around at the stables. It was so amazingly ‘soft’ for a summer’s day..pinkish orange with tinges of purple. I did take a photo..only to delete it in disgust. While I don’t mind my crappy photos undermining the look of my meals, there is no way I can do that to a magical sunset.
4. Getting lots of downtime in the form of reading. Oh to get lost in a book..amazing!
5. Doing some Pilates on a day that I didn’t feel like complete ludjah i.e exhausted beyond words.
Wishing you a stupendously marvelous weekend!..that hopefully includes chocolate and pancakes 🙂