In my world (the world of aliens and fluffy socks), I have come to realize that I don’t ‘experience’ the month of March in my year. Just when you thought I couldn’t get any more peculiar huh? Hear me out. Since the financial year ends at the last day in February, it kind of feels like March
is will be devoted to wrapping up the previous -financial- year. Pretty please nod along with me even if I am making zero sense! So I go through 11 months a year! And this current ‘period’ of my life is acknowledged as ‘Hectic’ 😉
5 THINGS I ATE THIS WEEK
1. MY 1st GREEN SMOOTHIE
I’ve been perusing blogs for centuries (-2 if we’re getting factly)…cast many an uninterested yet curious glance at countless green smoothies. Nevermind that! I wasn’t remotely attracted to smoothies at.all. My newly found smoothie obsession as off recently is still going strong, if not intensifying. But admittedly..I was slightly appalled at turning them green with a vegetable. I asked around a few times, and each reassurance that the green leaves didn’t destroy a smoothie’s palatability, served to waver my hesitance. I was at my weakest when I came upon Emma’s splendid concoction. That was it! It had to be done…
I left out the chia seeds, since I didn’t and don’t ever get them. I held my breath when I threw in the spinach…and was super pleased with the outcome! Now I’m going to say that I don’t think the taste of the spinach is completely hidden…but to me it tasted like it enhanced the flavor of the smoothie. As in, without the foliage this smoothie wouldn’t be as yummilicious.
So for a good few years I was anti-red meat. There has been a few occurrences since taking up ‘freedom eating’, where I consumed abit of steak if it happened to be on a slice of pizza and there was no way around it. But I unceasingly refused to intentionally consume red meat..until 4 days ago. I never was a meat fan before..but the reason that I cut it out completely was an ED related issue. And this lunch that Mum cooked up was the perfectly incredible way to officially re-introduce it 🙂
3. BUTTERNUT SQUASH CINNAMON RAISIN BAKED OATMEAL
4. THE BEST TUNA SALAD I EVER MADE
This earns the medal for the quickest, tastiest lunch this week. I was starvin’ marvin’ and randomly threw together – take note guys..you are going to want to try this (if you haven’t already 😉 ) – 1/3 of a smooshed avocado, 1-2 spoonfuls of mashed butternut squash, a sachet of Black pepper & Lime Tuna and 2 florets of chopped well-cooked broccoli.
5. OREO MOUSSE
Oreos on their lonesome is on the bottom of my list of favorites..but renovate them into a dessert? Yes please.
5 HUGE LIFE LESSONS LEARNT THIS WEEK
1. The power was down for most of yesterday. Which meant the internet was unconsious…and of course my phone conveniently dies on me just then…aaand I survived. I don’t know how! But it turns out, my life does not depend on technology.
2. The cuter and tinier you are, the more mischief you can cause without suffering consequences. Toddlers get it good!
3. It takes more energy to try to stop myself from worrying about every.single.thing, that it does to just worry.
4. Maize goes straight to the brain and causes lunacy.
5. For someone who regards promptness as extremely important..I am astonishingly late with various life stages.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD
1. Nights of blissfully sound sleep…
2. As a result, feeling more energized than I have in the past few weeks.
3. A marvelously productive work day.
4. Getting my veggies in because I legit craved them.
5. Receiving encouragement from family members on a significant decision.