5 THINGS I ATE THIS WEEK
1. CCK’s Banana pancakes with chocolate chips thrown in, for breakfast one fine chilly morning. I broke into my first bag of spelt flour since…I was born. That’s almost 19 years! Crazy I tell you.
Topped with crunchy Peanut butter You want to make this. You might not know it as yet, but I assure you.
You know the kind of breakfast that goes down in history? This was it. We’ve got every.single favorite flavor of mine going on. And don’t tell me I’m forgetting the coffee. That was taken care of on the side 😉 .
2. CCK’s Apple Pie pancakes for a weekday lunch.
Yup I was on what I’d call; a pancake groove.
This week I’m a little unmotivated to get fancy or complicated with savory meals. It always ends up being a “spur-of-the-moment”, “whatever jumps at me” situation.
4. A BREAKFAST WITHOUT BANANAS
I failed to keep an eye on our banana supply this week.
With a house full of monkeys it shouldn’t give me a hernia to come upon an empty banana basket when just yesterday there were a few. Yet every single time…I get a hernia. Figuratively speaking of course. The sight of a flawlessly perfect Starking apple in the fridge was a beautiful one to behold.
Remember how I hinted on how I’ve got Master bakers in my family. I wasn’t kidding. THIS just happens to be my obsession. I have no knowledge on it’s formal name but I can tell you that it’s heavenly. Soft sponge cake, with the bottom half enrobed in a rich, buttery pastry hiding a smidgen off apricot jam between. Enough to make me forget about mere formalities like what it’s called.
5 HUGE LIFE LESSONS LEARNT THIS WEEK
1. My idea of a savory meal is getting skewed. See meal no.3.
2. When you see someone suffering through their own doing with a matter you’ve been through yourself, you can lecture them as much as you want, but your words won’t be heeded until they fall themselves and decide to stand up on their own feet.
3. Everything has a way of happening all at once.
4. A mothers love is beyond understanding.
5. A simple chore can bring joy…if you live in the moment instead of just going through the motions.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD
1. Dry body brushing.
2. Stretching after a short treadmill walk.
3. A week of feeling far removed from ED thoughts.
4. DIM (do it myself) facial.
5. Clutching a hot mug of coffee on a cold morning <3.