I sat down last night to write up a ToL post and it hit me that I wasn’t actually thinking. As in, I was so blanked out in my head I’m pretty certain my brain had gone to sleep before I could. A good night of rest works magic however, and my mind is currently stumbling over a bunch of random musings that need out. Thank you Amanda for providing a legal, healthy outlet 🙂
1. I had always wanted to absorb the writing of the Bronte sisters, having heard great things. Well someone should have warned me against ‘The complete and unabridged version’ which is what I grabbed because it’s the most authentic, which in turn must make it the most enjoyable read, right?
I started “Wuthering Heights”, read a chapter in, and promptly shut the book forever, bringing all attempts of comprehending to a halt. My puny brain just can’t!
2. I’m supposed to complete 3 ‘projects’ of high-importance by Friday. What, is that tomorrow? No fair! It seems to be unanimously agreed that 2014 is the quickest year yet. Somehow it scares me (ok too many things ‘scare’ me, but that’s besides the point)..time flying by in the blink of an eye – moments of joy, moments of sadness. It’s almost like we are moving along at such a rate that I need to grab at specific memories and hold them in my mind and heart, before they get washed away by the busyness of life.
3. When it comes to savory meals, anything more than a sandwich or egg scramble seems to require too much exertion for me to handle. I’ll come across a marvelous recipe like this one that will get my motivation fired up for a few minutes, determined to create it. But that gorgeous build-up fizzles out before I can put my well intended thoughts into action.
4. This might come as total shock to the arteries (thank you Emma, I now cannot get arteries out of my mind!), I have a favorite dessert. I know. I practically enjoy, if not love
most all desserts..yet there is a particular one that holds a special place in the depths of my heart…or tastebuds, whatever. And it has to be prepared by my Big Sis’ for it to have that enchanting, mesmerising effect. I usually request it for my birthday, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to pass it up if my lovely sister happens to whip it up before that. Of course I will be expecting it on my birthday once again…
5. Behold the Peppermint/Caramel tart
As you can see, capturing a photo was of little significance in my mind and only struck me when everyone’s bellies had their fill. Let me break it down for you: these coconutty tea biscuits layered with caramel, cream and grated Peppermint Crisp chocolate.
The first signs of the coming cold. Frosty mornings. That, is our ground covered in a thin sheen of ice. I know it’s not really noticeable..but I’m just really excited for cozy weather ok! Last winter was painful for me – at my worst; intolerant to cold..swollen red/blue hands, layers of clothing and still freezing – a far cry from my old hot-blooded self. And our winter is a million times milder than everywhere else..if I was in say, Canada; I swear I would have passed away. That said, I’m eager to ‘enjoy’ the winter, because it feels like a lifetime ago the last time I truly experienced it. You know..hot cocoa, good reads, a smile instead of a permanent frozen, blue grimace.. 😉
7. As I am running terrifically behind schedule – it’s 10AM, I am in pj’s, I’ve got a mountain of paperwork to tackle – I am going to wish you a stupendously fabulous Thursday and bid Goodbye for now 🙂