1. Deciding on the ‘perfect’ gift for a special someone can be quite the befuddling task. Well, once I had that out of the way I assumed the majority of brain work was over, I just needed to ‘grab’ a card to go along with it. Uhm..so much for grabbing. After reading back and forth through about 50 or so prospects, I glanced at my watch only to have it brought to my notice that I’d been card-choosing for 30 min. without making headway.
2. …I narrowed my choices down to 3 (from the 50!), then 2…and then I did “Ing-ding-dip”. I guess I should mention that on my return home it crossed my mind that “I should have taken the other one”. Bahh its hopeless!
3. I am contemplating rephrasing a certain few sentences or so (and perhaps add in a little more detail instead of coming across so inexplicably) in my About page of which I made a point to re-read just now. While -at the time- it was exactly what I wanted to say..I actually think it does not resemble the way I feel now. It’s incorrect to say “I am fighting hard”..it was a struggle back then…but I am sure I am passed that stage where I am ‘fighting’. I am living recovery – willingly, happily. Did you ever find it necessary to make changes to your “About” page?
4. Alas, peanut butter does not hold the no.1 spot solely in the nut butter crevices of my heart. Macadamia butter has won a share in the title a long time back, but sadly fell off the radar as my store failed to fill its shelves. I couldn’t resist doing a happy dance accompanied with high-pitched squeals of delight when I spotted it on SALE the other day!!!
Of course I hastily gave an explanation to the amused saleslady nearby 😉
5. After making acquaintances with a life-changing Apple crumble pie on Monday – of which I will showcase tomorrow, hopefully – I found myself having a sudden craving for it yesterday. An apple and nut butter would not do, apple oatmeal I was too accustomed to…I yearned something different. I instantly recalled Amanda’s Apple Pie Smoothie; a recipe at first read I was skeptical of trying. There’s no chocolate! There’s no banana! But then I didn’t want chocolate or banana for that matter now did I? I wanted Apple crumble pie. Aaand since that was out of the question – for now – I needed something that would satisfy my cravings before I turned rabid.
6. Since I use a hand blender, I end up slurping my smoothies straight from the blender bottom (how iffy does that sound!?)…basically I’m sorry that I was more interested in getting it in my belly that taking a photo where you could actually maybe ‘see’ said smoothie. The Apple/Nut buttery flavor mingled with the spices and the texture from the oatmeal and yogurt made this one a winner. I used Macadamia butter and it lended an amazing richness!
7. I’m not the best at heeding advice from others, but I know a good suggestion when I
hear read it. And I’m glad I decided to give Jane Eyre a chance as per Kendra’s recommendation. I think it’s fair to say I’m in love with the character that is the passionate Jane.
8. In one of my hangry moments the other day; where hunger grasped me out of the blue – dinner was still to be decided on and prepared – I snagged a handful of prunes to tide me over.
I caught a glance of my reflection in the mirrored fridge doors while chomping away without a care, and I couldn’t help but literally laugh out loud; who was that girl having an impromptu snack on the run? I kind of really like her 😉 .
9. I used to call it ‘supper’ along with everyone else here, until I had read up the word ‘dinner’ so many million times on blogs, that without intending it I started calling it ‘dinner’ too. Same goes for Autumn..brainwashed into calling it Fall! Talking about Autumn/Fall, we were thrown back into the midst of a heatwave after those alleged frosty mornings. But today has taken a turn for the cold – a high of 21C is chilly, I kid you not – and the next few days by the looks of it. Yayy!
Thursday Thinking Out Loud 🙂