Can someone please tell me where this month went? How can it be the end already!? Good thing it’s Friday, so I’d rather not worry too much, and instead join Clare‘s party 🙂
5 THINGS I ATE THIS WEEK
I was familiar with adding egg whites to my oatmeal and loved how it pumped my favorite grain up, but I had silently acknowledged that I would never throw a whole egg into the mix.. because, how savory does that sound? I remember when I first spotted the bowl of creamy goodness on Laura’s blog, with a promise of a recipe to come. Oh how I counted down the
minutes hours! And then it calls for an egg, yolk and all. I did my best to look past that…at the outcome..creamy, custardy oatmeal. I was not disappointed. This made for a heavenly breakfast. I actually felt satisfied afterward 🙂 ! And that’s coming from a human with a hungry monster residing in the tum.
For a while, bread had fallen off my radar due to a loss of
memory craving it. This week marked its joyous return. Yeah I’m still all about the quick meals.
Mum get’s the spices right. Every.single.time ❤
4. APPLE CRUMBLE PIE A LA MODE
I happen to be an “Apple crumble expert”. Not at making it, just to clarify. At eating it..and rating, I excel. The above was the best apple crumble pie to grace my tastebuds. Along with the creamiest vanilla bean ice-cream. Can I get a YUM!?
She made me do it! I was adamant that I did not like rice (amusing how I ‘decided’ on this theory after not eating it for about 5 years), but after seeing it a few times on Spoons I was intrigued and enticed beyond words. Gosh, it gives a yogurt bowl such a lovely chewy texture..I am admittedly fan.
5 HUGE LIFE LESSONS LEARNT THIS WEEK
1. Almost everyone prefers to communicate through emails with business queries these day. And I still find a telephone call to clear matters up more precisely.
2. No matter how impatient, no matter how hangry..never eat an under-roasted potato.
3. I despise it when people jump to conclusions.
4. When I jump to conclusions it doesn’t seem half as bad.
5. I was lying to myself all along…I am not immune to feeling embarrassed.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD
1. Seeing the emotional joy in a loved ones eyes on receiving a gift.
2. Mum/daughter coffee date.
3. Waking before my alarm, feeling refreshed.
4. Spending time bathing my pets. <- the heatwave has its good aspects!
5. Having something exceed my expectations.