Another day, another bazillion
moods thoughts. What makes this day special? The simple fact that it’s considered virtuous <-(go with it ok) to Think Out Loud, regardless of how unintelligible or insolent we sound. Hats off to our hostess Amanda 🙂
1. I’m aware that I don’t need to explain myself, but I feel it incorrect to just drop Monday’s little episode without another word. Here’s the deal: It seems like it happened a lifetime ago, those “I can’t do it anymore” internal phrases have disappeared and I’m doing okay.
I’m still in charge of my highly demanding ‘job’ and it looks like it’s going to be that way for awhile at least. Keeping a cool head is going to be an ongoing task in itself, but I’m hoping for the best.
When that savory cravings hits in between back-to-back breakfasty sweet meals, it’s my go-to. Instead of going for a nutritious mini meal that I know I will enjoy more, its chips I turn to, to satisfy my salty tastebuds. And I noticed that it had become a habit, wherein I was not even thinking if I wanted something different. So with the intention of breaking that ‘rut’, I’ve been experimenting with a variety of wholesomeness, such as this pretty plate:
3. And I’m loving it so far. No I am not ‘preventing’ myself from eating chips..but by shoving it into any random ‘savory craving’ it was losing its appeal. My tastebuds began searching for something more satisfying. Do you know what else I’ve come to terms with? I do care about what I’m putting in my body..not obsessively all the time nowadays..but because I want to take care of myself with good nourishment (which includes plenty dessert 😉 ).
4. Maybelline Baby lips finally made an appearance at one of my frequently visited stores! I may have cried out of happiness. And then I had to be literally dragged away before purchasing all the flavors…because I need to have money for food you know. And while cherries and peaches sound yummy, I’m not too sure about consuming them in the form of lip moisturizer. I ended up going for the Fresh Mint..the spf 20 as an added bonus was the deciding factor!
5. I’m unlucky in love. Before you get the wrong idea..I’m referring to “stuff” – of the food kind no less – not other beings (even though that wouldn’t be a total lie either, but that’s beside the point). Whenever I grow to love a certain brand of nut butter, or bread, or wraps, or cereal, or even intend to purchase a new-to-me product that I’m quietly crushing on (uhm, coconut flour will you please stop playing hard to get!?) it’s suddenly out of stock/sold out/waiting for a new shipment to arrive. Like hello! No fair!
6. Oh case in point *lightbulb moment*: The other day on a trip to the nearby supermarket for some chilly day necessities – chocolate, bread, broccoli, in that order – I planned to finally and bravely pick up a bar of Lindt Chilli after seeing Miss P giving it an esteemed show on numerous occasions. Well whaddaya know..hot stuff chickened out and didn’t show it’s face. At least it wasn’t me this time. So I did the sensible thing; and went for an old stand-by…
6. Reading before bed is dangerous. For the past few nights I’ve been getting tucked in at a sweet time..only to have my intended 15 min. of reading turn into an hour. Oh and last night was stupefying! I got ready to transport myself to La la land after hastily closing Jane Eyre when I realized how late it was. But sleep remained far out of my grasp..until I had completed that astounding encounter with Mr.Rochester!
7. And my very agitated, grumbling belly is signalling the fact it isn’t too pleased that I’m postponing breakfast to ramble like a rolling truck. Wait, do rolling trucks ramble? Or do rambling trucks roll? Bahh nevermind. Happy Thinking Out Loud 🙂