If it wasn’t for Amanda’s get-together I would totally have no idea what day it is. Except I’m not too sure entirely, having been randomly formulating this post from Tuesday. How utterly befitting; since randomness is
allowed celebrated today!
1. For some unknown reason to man, I have become particularly fond of the word “befitting”. Why, I cannot imagine! Wherever I can throw it in, whether it sounds sensible or not..it is befitting.
2. I had an outrageous encounter this morning with a pair of red skinnies I recently purchased. I had been meaning to obtain something of the like from quite some time ago but failed to get on it. It turns out that a “70 % off sale” banner was sufficient to ignite my want. Being in a hurry, I snatched a pair without bothering to fit it on…because really, it was ON SALE! It is befitting to say that I am positive I will not be wearing the esteemed red skinnies again. Talk about the most unflattering, uncomfortable cut ever born! I stood at the mirror and I was like, “How did I grow ten butts overnight?” I’m sorry..no thank you.
3. My cravings in the evening are ridiculously random (from what they used to be). I’m starting to wonder if I’m lacking something…phosphorous? Copper? Lead? Pudding was had for supper last night, followed by
A plain tortilla (so doughy, so good) and some highly suspicious-colored cucumber slices.
4. Oh and another slightly astounding craving: cheese and butter! Together. Yep that’s right. Two sources of dairy, two forms of saturated fat..and mind-blowingly yummy. From refusing to associate with butter to consuming it with cheese..how did that even happen!?
5. I was all sorts of excited to be pulling out the fleece pj’s with the arrival of a few days of sudden winter ( I wasn’t kidding when I said autumn and spring misses us entirely), only to be sweltering once more in 26C humidity. And of course being the rebel I am I decided that a heatwave calls for baking :p
6. Am I the only human who has not mastered the art of egg cracking? At least I’m not cracking it on my feet. Yeah it happened; once! However, it still remains a duty which requires me to clear my head and breath deeply before undertaking.
7. I need some clarity on a baffling piece of information. How factual is it, that meals should best be not had with tea due to tannin or something inhabiting the absorption of nutrients? I tend to enjoy most meals with a mug of decaf Green or Rooibos tea on the side.
8. The brain fog has settled in so I’m going to end off before I start rattling out gibberish. Happy…what day is it? Oh right, Wednesday..but since this is Thinking Out Loud (which is tomorrow) it must be Thursday. Aha! Happy Thinking Out Loud 😉