5 THINGS I ATE THIS WEEK
Guys guys guys! I literally passed away on the spot with happiness upon finding orange(!) sweet potatoes on my turf. The tuna salad comprised of: tuna (duh!), roasted red pepper hummus, mashed broccoli and black pepper. I tried them orange pots <- do you know some humans nickname “potatoes” that!? – dipped in nut butter and in savory dishes and have concluded that I’m not a fan of allowing them the honor to cohabit with my nut butter (white sweet potatoes excel in that department). But in savory meals? Yes, yes, yesss!
In yet another bid to please 101 million cravings at once, I resorted to placing random things on a plate and calling it a meal. Hit.the.spot. The addition of sliced onion and ground garlic to the eggs amped the taste up a hundred notches. And the obligatory coating of black pepper on everything of course!
What do you have for supper one night when your tastebuds are drawing a blank? Mum’s
love in a bowl bread pudding 🙂
So there was abit of a -scrambled- egg obsession going down this week.
A freshly baked chocolate chip muffin topped with vanilla ice cream. Good stuff.
5 HUGE LIFE LESSONS LEARNT THIS WEEK
1. My brain contents will not – on its own will – dispose itself into a post. I’ve been having something playing on my mind for a few weeks now, but its kind of stuck in there. Until I’m able to say “out with it” – nothing doing.
2. I’m not as bad with kids as I thought. My evil reputation is crumbling 😉 .
3. A little while after entering the office I need a bathroom break. A sure indication that I’m due for a holiday from office-work. Yeah it’s astounding how I came to such a conclusion!
4. One of my biggest fears in life: running out of my favorite body moisturizer.
5. Doing several things at once does not make me more productive. It does drive me to lunacy however.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD
1. Filling my lungs with sharp, fresh morning air.
2. Applying hand cream that smells like honey.
3. Daydreaming; so vividly it *almost* felt real! I don’t ever recall having the ability to daydream!..and it happens on the daily now.
4. After a day of mostly sitting I had a flow of restless energy running through me. I resolved it the perfect time to bust out my usual Pilates routine, but a little while on the mat and I knew it just wasn’t what I wanted at that time. I needed something that would get me feeling pumped and fired up. A few intervals of skipping (jump rope) in the late afternoon sunshine did the trick.
5. Tearing at the sweetly sad turn of events toward the closing chapters of a book ❤ .