Thursday Thinking Out Loud! Anyone else letting out a heavy sigh of relief for the close proximity of the weekend?? What.a.week. Holiday? What holiday? It is rather confusing having everyone else in a “holiday” mindset while it has been the most focused week in the office for me. Cheers to Amanda for rescuing me from permanent brain fudge!
1. If I could have things my way I’d be hiking every day. There is little other a pastime that serves to transport me into another world, away from the hassle of life…easily my favorite activity. I’ve been living in my town for almost
90 19 years and all this while I’ve been ignorant of the beyond breathtakingly beautiful hiking trails along the coast…
Why the bloody bloomin’ blik is there an ERROR preventing me from uploading pictures!? I’ve had a looong, sapping -ok so joyously so *grumble*- day; WordPress I do not appreciate you acting up!
2. Would you like to know what the “perfect” fuel on a 3 hour hike is? Well for me anyway. Doesn’t upset my tummy, the energy travels with immediate effect to my limbs resulting in an extra bounce in my step, and in my expert (go with it pretty please!) opinion it tastes like a little bit of heaven -only- when I’m running ridiculously low on oomph.
3. It sadly appears that the image-uploader has a soft spot for Snickers *rolling eyes*. Why else would it accept it and chuck out an image of pristine, breathtakingly beautiful, mesmerizingly epic tranquility!?
4. Now that I am thinking about edible nourishment, I’m pondering over what a world-wide easy topic “food” is to discuss. The brilliant Carly conveyed her stance perfectly and understandingly well, and it alighted a segment of brain to ruminate just how chatting about food can “save you” so to speak. In many cases; to prevent myself from getting caught up in an uncomfortable discussion with a stranger..to direct the conversation elsewhere, instead of shedding light onto a friend’s recent break-up..to lay off the gossip-fest because I’d rather not talk about Mister Twiddles’ pathetic choice of footwear at the recent wedding – we’ve chatted about the latest chocolate/ice cream on the market..the menu at the wedding above ( 😉 ) . When there’s concern of over-sharing or hitting a tender spot on other topics; food talk to the rescue!
5. I’m on a mission to finding that pair of jeans. You know, the one that feels like a second skin, that you hate to part with it by putting it in the washer and pine away for it until you’re donning it again. I had one a few years back; oh gosh how I loved the denim bootcut blighter. All the jeans in the world, none as groovy as that one. When it split down the centre I admitted it was time to bin it.
With skinnies dominating my wardrobe right now, I am eager to venture out..the fit and flare seems quite enthralling.
6. How effortlessly my “weakness” in frosty temperatures slipped my mind..the return of cold served as a quick reminder; transporting out of my pj’s in the AM becomes a mammoth task. It is *almost* embarrassing – the method of self-bribing I’ve resorted to..
Nibble, one leg out, repeat. Ever since that magical introduction, the chemistry is going strong. It does work wonders in keeping me toasty throughout the dressing process. Oh and showering in the evenings! Eep. However…I am still loving on a change from the sluggish humidity.
8. Let’s try that incredible view while hiking last Sunday again
Ohhh yes *sigh*. Feels like I’m going to be
nagging talking my team into taking the 20 min. drive up there again this weekend.
Happy Thinking Out Loud 🙂
Favorite style of jeans peeps?
Favorite chocolate at the moment?..its always changing for me. Too many delectable ones out there!