The air is buzzing with randomness; brain contents splattered on screens around the world..some other planets too if I’m not mistaken. Let’s give our host a curtsey then! Thank you Amanda 🙂 . I know I love reading up a good theme. Heck I love -trying- to write up a theme myself. I’ll start off strong, then proceed to lose my train of thought or delve thoroughly into another theme in itself. As off right now I’ve got a certain “concept” to put into play..let’s see how it goes.
1. OLD is having a specific craving build up over time into a ball of moss – that finally exploded on Monday – and demanding to be heeded. NEW is that particular craving being a chocolate brownie. I have never craved a chocolate brownie before this month. It’s amazing how the brain is quick to recall past images of a tantalizing recipe when the tummy is requesting it.
The texture was spot.on. Delicately crispy on top, fudgy and cakey in the middle. Perhaps I shouldn’t have used “Crude” black molasses. Perhaps I should have determined whether I like molasses for that matter, or not. But nooo, I am quite the smarty pants yes. Never had a lick of molasses in my life, yet I go and throw a good lot in brownies, politely ignoring the important fact that the particular brand of molasses had a scent that was throwing me off. Needless to say, I couldn’t quite stomach these. I am however fairly certain, that I had my hands on the incorrect molasses. A craving ignored, is a craving….uhm anyone? We couldn’t have that – whatever that is – so an emergency visit to my favorite coffee shop the following day took care of it.
I mean, if we’re going to fix a craving we might as well do a good and proper job, right 😉 .
2. OLD is my previous Blackberry smartphone. I know right..what the blik was I doing with a Blackberry!? Well…NEW is my new (duh!) Blackberry smartphone. Don’t ask! But I’ll tell you anyway. You humans can rock your S4’s and 5’s; it’s not for this girl. I’m a Blackberry addict.
The sad element of the matter: I’m not even embarrassed.
Amusingly enough, my only regret is why I didn’t take a big bar. What did I expect? Lindt can do no wrong.You can bet I was squealing and acting all touristy by snapping 500 pictures 🙂 .
4. OLD is missing out on a WIAW party. I was never one with a decent blogging schedule and partaying on the weekly tends to leave me sapped. NEW is discovering that I need to get my “dose” by discussing ALL THE FOOD!
5. OLD is hankering a little bit of veggies every day..they taste fabulous you know! NEW is opting for more cooked than raw to mollify the intense need for comfort that has risen with the colder temperatures.
6. OLD is being reluctant to have a queue of blogs (hence why I do not click “follow” anymore) in my reader for fear of feeding “that anxious feeling” of so much to
do read. NEW is recognizing the underlying issue and acknowledging that it sounds like a load of bull, yet is nothing to sneeze at when dealing with a creature of my mental capacity. Yes – I just insulted myself ever so lightly.
7. OLD is enjoying breakfast in bed on return from the cold outdoors every single day. [Relatively] NEW is the now habitual addition of chocolate in my morning bowl of oatmeal.
8. OLD is not being a lover of meat..you could say I’m chicken 😉 . NEW is experiencing a weird sudden crave for the fillet my Mum cooked up last night.
Fillet in onions, roast butternut, steamed cauliflower, dill pickle I reckon it could only do good things for my orange-ish blood :straight face: .
9. OLD is that I’ve always considered every blogger and reader my friend..whether you like it or not. Live with it. NEW is that I’m aware that I have an actual “blend” <3!
10. OLD is my stance on pb&j and pb&banana sandwiches: love. NEW is having it with a mug of Hot Chocolate; together the hurricane of flavors transport me to Pluto 🙂 .
11. You are not getting rid of me just yet, sorry. OLD is random night-time snacks. NEW is random night-time snacks that endow me with a measure of knowledge.
Lesson: Do not consume citrus immediately after a super sweet snack!
What can be subbed in place of molasses?
Do little things easily drive you to an anxiety attack?
I felt like being a little parasite today..did I succeed in annoying you -at all- ??