My little mind has been working overtime on a million and one matters these days.. a hodgepodge of flowing emotions: happiness, humour, contentment, sadness, earnestness, gratefulness, longing. It’s time to take a deep breath and let some of it flow out loud a la Amanda.
1. I am deathly worried that in a few months my right arm will resemble Arnold Schwarzenegger’s. I hadn’t considered what a strenuous workout tooth brushing can be when you’re dealing with braces… I mean, it is normal to brush for over 30 min. right? Add on to that the fact that in the majority of tasks my right arm is put to work over the left.. Now would be a good time to be ambidextrous.
2. There has been an influx of -supposed- compliments coming my way. We know that [unknown to the commenter themselves] what a detrimental effect it can play on an ED, and while I’ve been accepting it graciously all along – even believing some snippets of goodness myself… the direct remark yesterday -no matter the positive tone of voice- hit a bitter spot. Let me tell you, I am not the kind of human you want to rub up the wrong way. And yet… it was such a delicate situation; the person being a guest who had last laid eyes on me a full year back. Really now though, should the words “you’re so nice and plump now” not be reserved for humans under 2 years of age at the least!? Hmph.
3. So, nacho pasta casserole. Arguably one of the greatest inventions on earth; having only come across at it at a recent event myself – I promptly fell in love. Think fettuccine noodles in a tomato salsa with beans, topped with Doritos tortilla chips, melty cheese and blobs of sour cream. Of course being totally out of my “food photographing” groove means a photo of the actual -consumed- masterpiece is unavailable.
4. The coming of the colder, drier weather required an immediate change up of shampoos. I’m rather wary of trying out new skincare products, so to save myself the stress of “does it work for me.. does it not”, I turned to my old winter stand-by.
Not surprisingly now, I’ve got blogger(s) popping into mind at the very sight of it. Funny how that happens 😉 . I will admit that originally it was the humour on the bottle that won me over… a gorgeous sense of humour is an Aussie trait I assume?!
5. Am I the only one to showcase “chemically” beauty products I wonder? Okay the above shampoo does have macadamia nut oil… among a plethora of ingredients I cannot entirely pronounce. But hey, it works for me – my hair has never felt or looked better. I do believe that more natural products are better for us and the environment; I just don’t always end up following through on that. Eep.
6. I was never keen on following up on world news and the likes. I can’t pinpoint why not exactly… it just seemed somehow more pleasant to elude the dismal happenings from my already depressive [at times] state of mind. Things change however; brooding over my pitifulness have become few and far between and recent tragedies across the world are touching my heart beyond comprehension. I don’t want to fool myself into thinking the world is all happiness and rainbows. Without experiencing the pain in itself – I hurt… it impacts our lives no matter how far away. The fact that I live in the most blessed of situations, is all the more reason to be GRATEFUL.
Chime in on whatever you can relate to 🙂 !!