Things don’t always go according to plan..in fact, sometimes they blow completely out of proportion. Like my laptop unexpectedly deciding on a holiday yesterday afternoon and crashing on me. As off now it’s in a coma and I’m
stealing time borrowing use of my brother’s machine. Upon feeling rather frazzled after beating the crap out fiddling around with said unconscious close friend of mine, I accepted to missing out on Clare‘s get-together. But then a wave of sadness hit me, and we can’t have that right?! So here I am folks. In the skin 😀 .
5 THINGS I ATE/DRANK THIS WEEK
Takeout after aaages! Gosh it was so good. The hake was absolutely melt-in-the-mouth perfection, and along with the veggies – seasoned simply yet sufficiently.
I will always stand true to my belief that shopping is seriously sapping. After walking the mall for a few hours; mealtime or not – I am ravenous. Why did I not try a Café mocha sooner?? Aptly described, this is a cross between a cappuccino and a hot chocolate. And it is blissful.
3. HUMMUS & TUNA
I’ve been loving on plates like these to dip into a generous mix of hummus and tuna. The contras of textures and flavors never fails to hit the spot.
4. OATMEAL BAKES WITH ICE CREAM
Which meant a daily dose of cookie dough and ice cream. Fine by me. Until…blasphemy; no more chocolate! Ahaaa, all is not lost..where there is a chocolate craving, there is a way…
Cocoa powder in shining armor to the call of the distressed damsel 😉 . I simply subbed in 2 Tablespoons cocoa for the flour.
Can I take a moment to give this particular mix of salad greens some love? I was on a groove with a classical mix of spinach/rocket/watercress until my beloved Woolies store I frequent had it go MIA. I of course – and grudgingly so – branched out, and as a wise woman once said ; I found a new-to-me salad mix to fall in love with. Lambs lettuce, baby butter and watercress.
5 HUGE LIFE LESSONS LEARNT THIS WEEK
1. It is possible – to disagree with another human on almost every single matter, yet live -civilized- for a number of days together.
2. Dousing sweet potatoes in an over-generous coating of olive oil for roasting results in a tad too soggy texture.
3. Lot’so dairy does not cause me to break out.
4. So many coats in the world..none as comfy as the oversized one I stole from Dad’s wardrobe.
5. The squiggly line reprimanding made-up words no longer affects me.
5 THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD
1. Allowing my emotions to come through.
2. An email that had me smiling, nodding (in agreement), gushing, and wanting to reach through the screen and give someone a hug.
3. That first sip of hot coffee after returning indoors in the early hours with a frozen nose and toes.
4. Gazing at my baby nephew asleep; such innocence! The epitome of tranquility.
5. Talking nonsense with siblings :p .